Squeezed between baby boomers and millennials, smaller in number – Generation X has surprisingly and silently been changing the world for over a decade now.
Before coming of age this generation had been mislabeled as the “Slacker Generation” – underachievers and doomed to be lost. If there’s one word or label that Generation X has lived up to it is “misunderstood.”
Who is Generation X?
- Gen-Xers were born between 1965 and 1983
- They were raised during the dark days in a post-Vietnam America.
- They experienced high crime rates, urban decay, a country in decline, recession and inflation.
- They became of age in a period of transformation, seeing America’s return to greatness.
- They were of voting age by the end of the Cold War.
- They witnessed the fall of the former Soviet Union,symbolized by the dismantling of the Berlin Wall
- They have worked through two recessions.
- They have served voluntarily in our military through two wars.
Gen-Xers launched companies like Google, Amazon and Dell Computers in the late 90’s. By the late 90’s they were…
View original post 207 more words